What is a Doula?
A doula is a trained birth companion or birth coach. We work with the birthing family to create a birth plan that fosters a safe and fulfilling labor and birth that will be cherished for a lifetime. The doula will meet you in your laboring space and provides physical and emotional support through birth and the early postpartum phase.
Benefits of having a Doula?
Fully customizable - Doulas work for the family not the provider or the hospital. We strive to bring your birth desire to fruition and help you gain knowledge and information when care decisions need to be made.
Increased likelihood of a normal vaginal birth- Research shows that continuous labor support decreases the need for medication and interventions in labor that could lead to cesarean birth.
Optimal Fetal Positioning - When coupled with regular prenatal chiropractic adjustments, the positions and movements taught in prenatal meetings help to facilitate the best position for baby, speeding up labor and increasing comfort for mom.
Increased wellbeing - Positive birth outcomes can even have a positive impact on the client's perceived sense of wellness and psychological well-being as you transition into the parenthood phase.
The Sacred Birth Experience
- 1 to 2 prenatal meetings (up to two hours)
- Resources and recommendations for: childbirth education, Hypnobirthing, chiropractor, massage, etc.)
- Constant contact after signing of contract (Phone, text, email, video)
- Continuous labor support at the onset of labor
- Breast-feeding support postpartum (1-2 hours depending on length of labor)
- Home visit within 2 weeks of giving birth.
The above services go for most any birth. There are slight nuances between homebirths and hospital or birth center births. These are listed below:
- Help in preparing the birth Space
- Caring for siblings
- Preparing meals if requested.
Hospital/ Birth Center:
- Assisting with home to hospital transition.
- Creating desired birth setting in the hospital or birth center.
- Assisting with hospital to home transfer if needed.
This list is not exhaustive and very flexible as the birth process is dynamic and will not be the same for every birthing person. Please ask me if there is something you need.
To set up a consultation for birth services email [email protected] or call 770-420-0492.